Back to Blog
BillGO Earns "Best Place to Work" Honor

Fortune Names BillGO a “Best Place to Work” in Financial Services

A lot of companies claim to be cool places to work. They make their case by pointing to free snacks, pet-friendly workspaces or Zoom happy hours. Nice perks, sure, but how many organizations can actually say they are certified as a best place to work?

As of this week, BillGO can. Today, Fortune* magazine published its 2021 list of certified Best Places to Work in Financial Services & Insurance™, putting BillGO alongside other up-and-coming fintechs like NerdWallet, Robinhood and Chime.

Anyone who follows this blog won’t be entirely surprised to learn BillGO scored this milestone. In recent months, BillGO has accumulated a number of noteworthy accolades at a nearly-embarrassing pace. Only a few weeks ago, Forbes included BillGO on its list of one of America’s best startup employers. Last month, BillGO was named one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the world. In 2020, American Banker recognized BillGO as one of the best fintechs to work for in the U.S.  

The Fortune recognition is especially important because to rank as a Best Place to Work a company’s employees must agree that it is a stellar place to earn a living. In fact, 85 percent of the evaluation is based on employee surveys measuring how much trust employees put in their company and how committed they are to growing with the organization. (The remaining 15 percent measures how employees view the organization’s innovations, values and leadership.)   

Cutting-Edge Fintech Company 

“Any one of our recent recognitions is humbling,” says Mike Blazes, BillGO’s President and CFO. “But the Fortune announcement is especially rewarding because it confirms BillGO is not only a cutting-edge fintech company, but that our entire team believes in our vision. We can announce we’ve introduced the new way to bill pay, but when more than 200 employees stand behind that claim, it reflects commitment across the enterprise.”   

Long before any employees have a chance to fill out surveys, an arduous behind-the-scenes Best Place process begins with an application submitted by the company. That application requires sharing 200+ data points reflecting the quality of a company’s internal programs, its policies and practices. Great Places to Work® (GPTW) - the organization Fortune hires to do the research and tally the final figures - then fact-checks all of those data points.  

Once their research is complete, the real scrutiny begins. Candid questionnaires consisting of 60 survey questions are sent to all employees of an organization. 

When the surveys are completed, GPTW’s data scientists crunch the numbers to gauge true employee sentiment. To make the final cut, there must be 95 percent consistency across all survey results. Once that benchmark is established, the employee feedback is analyzed relative to a company’s size, its makeup, the industry it serves and its geographic region.

Only after completing this rigorous obstacle course can a company earn a spot on Fortune’s exclusive Best Places to Work™ list.

BillGO is proud to have secured a spot on this year’s list. 

Want to Be Part of a Best Place to Work?   

In 2020, BillGO onboarded on more than 100 new employees and this year we’re continuing to scale to keep up with the demand for a better way to bill pay.

Want to be part of the bill pay revolution? Check out BillGO’s Join Us page and submit an application if you see an opportunity to contribute.

 * ©2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved.  Used under license.

Like what you read? Get more insights via email!