Bill payments are stuck in the past – BillGO is changing that.
A software engineering leader that likes being part of a team working closely to solve problems. You don’t want to be another cog in the wheel and are looking for the next big thing. Leading & collaborating with team members is your jam, and you’re a goal-getter that seeks to understand problems. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly-growing company.
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time bill payments, rich data and security to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We provide services to some of the largest banks and several of the power-players in the payments industry. BillGO is experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we <3 Slack, chocolate and go on adventures together. Sound like the type of company you’d swipe right on?
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun and a fix for your sweet tooth:
- Salary and Benefits: We offer very competitive salaries and benefits, including unlimited PTO
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of snacks and drinks – if we don’t have something you’d like, we’ll get it for you
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun
The Redmond Office is located in the heart of Redmond, a city known as the Bicycle Capital of the Northwest! Location to restaurants and outdoor activities are all close. Seattle is right next door making this a perfect location for outdoor activities. Check out all the things Redmond, WA has to offer http://www.redmond.gov.
For any of our positions we do ask that you are already local or are willing to relocate.
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the deets:
BillGO is looking for a motivated leader with a passion for software development to join our team. The Software Engineer Director is a unique position that would have a broad technical background. Key factors for this position are not only technical aptitude, but also being a problem solver, continuous learner, and great collaborator. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
- Biller Integration team involves leading technical team on improving our capability of how we continue to pay bills:
- Hands on leader who can get into the technical details when necessary and also lead engineering projects and teams
- Continue to work with team on new methods and technical capability for biller integration
- Leads machine learning for self-healing capability in our integrations
- Will be person in charge for working with account management on biller issues and reporting
- A person who can think outside of the box on methods to improve our goal of quality, automation and success, always looking to remove the manual parts of the processes.
- Proactively leads and manages a development team, including work planning and delegation, process improvement, career mentoring, leadership guidance and performance management.
- Provides leadership and vision to engineers developing tools and processes to improve continuous deployment and developer efficiency.
- Interacts with other departments and internal users as part of development of the BillGO systems.
- Guides teams in developing effective processes and best practices.
- Works with other developers to facilitate knowledge transfer and conduct code reviews, participates in pair programming; participates in technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Works with users to resolve technical issues and to provide implementation support.
- Contributes to development of company objectives and principles.
- Achieves goals in creative and effective ways.
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams.
- 7+ years of overall software development experience, full stack experience required.
- Knowledge of SOA, microservices, and/or RESTful design patterns.
- Fluency with Java, REST APIs, JSON, MySQL.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people at all levels.
- BA/BS degree preferred in Computer Science or related major with strong academic record.
- Experience conceiving, implementing, executing robust test plans.
- Experience with UNIX, preferably Linux.
- Experience with Open Source tools.
- Experience owning implementation details from conception to go live.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Willingness to work in a highly-collaborative environment where the belief is that great ideas can come from anywhere. Candidates must be able to embrace this culture, foster idea generation, and work to cultivate the best ideas into an executable plan.
Recommended but not required:
- Experience with Compliance and Payments a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Azure are a plus
- Experience with billion-dollar payment systems
- Experience with scaling a hypergrowth company
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@billgo.com.